Explore. Discover. Innovate.
"Enabling technology for cutting-edge cryogenic research". True to this motto, you will work as a Development Engineer R&D Cryogenic Instruments on the development of technologically sophisticated cryogenic systems that are used in various research institutes worldwide. You can expect a broad, challenging field of activity as well as plenty of freedom to contribute and implement your own experience, ideas and new technologies.
Development Engineer Cryogenic Instruments (m/w/d)
Your Responsibilities and Duties
- Continuous development of our existing product portfolio in the field of cryogenic instruments (scanning probe microscopy and optics at low temperatures, including integration in milli-Kelvin systems)
- Design and development, as well as planning and execution of basic projects in the area of novel measuring inserts to strengthen the attoINSTRUMENTS product family, especially for the temperature range below 1K
- Integration of hardware for successful execution of qualifying measurements in prototyping as well as for advanced data analysis and writing of measurement routines
- Close collaboration with various departments, including electronics and software, production, and interfaces with product management and sales
Your Skills and Qualifications
- Successfully completed studies (master or doctorate) in the field of physics or similar with solid expertise in measurement and cooling technology at very low temperatures below 1 K including the operation of the hardware-software interface
- Ideally, several years of experience at a university/extra-university research institution or a research-related company
- Experience in scanning probe microscopy, measurement methods and optical experiments at low temperatures desirable
- Hands-on experience in Python and/or LabView programming
- An independent and solution-oriented approach, very good analytical skills as well as experience in project management complete your profile
- Pleasure in dealing and collaborating with colleagues in our international team
What we Offer
- A varied, challenging range of tasks, the opportunity to contribute and implement your own ideas, and a very good working atmosphere at our location in Haar near Munich
- A permanent position with numerous benefits such as an allowance for retirement benefits, a target-oriented bonus, as well as numerous employee events
- Flexible working hours, a subsidized canteen as well as a comprehensive health and sports offer (e.g. in-house gym, glasses subsidy, JobRad, free fruit)
We are looking forward to receiving your application including your earliest possible starting date.
Your contact: Rachel Howlett
+49-89-420 797 0